• Unique Historic Site
• Excellent Organisation
• Long Term Contract
To join a large Federal custodian organisation who are undertaking remediation works on a disused harbourside industrial site. This project will include building demolition, lead paint and asbestos removal and the excavation and treatment of around 30,000 tonnes of contaminated fill and bedrock materials. The works are to be undertaken by an experienced remediation contractor. In order to oversee and manage this project you will be a driven and experienced Works Superintendent/Supervisor with an extensive background in similar projects.
Reporting to the Project Manager your duties will include:
• develop a detailed understanding of the required works
• undertake regular inspections of the works
• carefully monitor the contractors work methods and procedures
• regularly record and report on the status of the works
• monitor and record the performance of contractors
• regularly meet with the contractor to review progress of the works, review program issues and contractor compliance against contract obligations
• provide direction to the contractor as required
• assist in the review of contractor progress claims
• communicate with the local community, regulatory bodies, council officers and others as required
• liaise with and attend community meetings as required
You will have a minimum of 10 years experience, ideally in remediation of contaminated sites and have proven experience in working with and/or managing large contractors. Exposure to industrial/petrochem remediation projects would be advantageous as would relevant tertiary qualifications.
This position is site based on the northern side of Sydney Harbour and will be an agency contract for a proposed initial period of 12 months. An hourly rate will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
This is an amazing opportunity for a driven Works/Site Superintendent or Supervisor and is only open to candidates with full working rights in Australia.
Please email a current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting
Ref No: 1244645 or call Paul Bulman on 02 9249 2222.
Reference Number: 103-1244645