Jardine Lloyd Thompson Pty Limited (JLT) is a leading provider of risk solutions and corporate services in Australia, employing over 850 industry professionals in all states and territories. JLT is a wholly owned subsidiary of the largest quoted British and European insurance broking group. We are a progressive company with a real commitment to looking after our staff.
JLT's West Perth office provides a niche risk management and risk financing service for WA Local Governments under the LGIS business name, and risk services for an emerging client base of corporate government and not for profit entities.
We are looking for a motivated legal practitioner with knowledge of risk management principles to provide professional indemnity (P.I.) risk management consulting services to Local Government. The position calls for a well-organised person with project management skills, an ability to work independently and knowledge of Local Government tasks and functions would also be an advantage.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have:
• Knowledge of Risk Management principles
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Negotiation skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Risk Management qualifications desirable but not essential
• Legal Qualifications
The responsibilities of the role are interesting in terms of the diverse nature of the functions needed to be performed. More specifically, the duties include:
• Professional Indemnity Risk Management - Provision of advice on approvals and compliance against: Building codes, Town planning, Local Govt construction (capital works projects), Events and Local Govt’s legislative requirements
• Provision of in house legal advice to support our Risk Management and Claims Consultants
• Provision of advice to Local Govt Officer’s
• Risk Profiling - Public Sector professional indemnity profiling, Undertake quantitative, qualitative & semi-quantitative Risk Assessments and Key project management of professional indemnity risk profiling initiatives
This role would ideally suit a qualified legal practitioner with experience dealing with professional indemnity and who is Perth based to allow for regular client visits.
All applications must be received by COB on Friday 27th January 2012.
Tanya May - Manager HR & Training
JLT Pty Ltd (08) 9426 0444
Home » Vacancy » Jardine Lloyd Thompson Pty Ltd Senior Risk Consultant (Professional Indemnity) Job Vacancy in Perth